Ivy Lynn (played by Megan Hilty) is a seasoned veteran of Broadway, having performed in the ensemble of numerous hit shows. She is absolutely thrilled to have the chance to work on a new project with longtime friends and collaborators Julia Houston and Tom Levitt, based on the life of screen legend Marilyn Monroe.
Ivy is worried she got the role of Marilyn Monroe because of her relationship with the director. Her friends tell her to stop thinking about it and enjoy the experience of a lifetime. However, Ivy gets replaced by movie star Rebecca Duval and is supposed to come back after Rebecca leaves, but Karen gets cast instead (by boyfriend, Derek Wills.) However, Karen quits the show to be in Hit List and Ivy is given the role again after her recent show Liaisons the Musical closes.
Despite initial doubts about her ability to star in a Broadway show, Ivy's performance as Marilyn Monroe is critically praised, receiving standing ovation after standing ovation. She receives a Tony Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role for her performance, as well as a nomination for Best Actress in a Featured Role for her performance as Cecile de Volanges in Liaisons.
- "Bombshell" (Marilyn Monroe)
- "Liaisons" (Cecile de Volanges)
- "Heaven on Earth" (u/s Judy)
- "Mamma Mia!"
- "Triple Crown" (Nora"
- "Legally Blonde" (u/s Elle)
- "Little Shop of Horrors"
- "On the Town" (Encores!)
- "Ready Money" (Second Stage)
- "Pallin' Around" (59E59)
- "Ella" (LCT)
- Northen New York Shakespeare Festival
- "Guys and Dolls"
- "Gossip Girl"
- "The Today Show"
- "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade"
- "Cyberchase" (voice)
- "Into the Woods" (Little Red Riding Hood)
- Best Support Actress for Liaisons - Nominated
- Best Actress for Bombshell - Won
Outer Critics Circle
- Best Supporting Actress for Liaisons - Nominated
- Best Actress for Bombshell - Nominated
Solos (In a Duet)
Solos (In a Group Number)
|“||It's a dirty bussiness.||”|
–Ivy, The Coup
There’s nothing more important, or special, as live theater.